Fred Upton for Congress
Tomorrow is Michigan's congressional primary election, and advocates of animal protection need to know who is standing up for their interests. The Humane Society Legislative Fund is the non-partisan political arm of the humane movement, and we want you to know that Fred Upton is a friend of animal protection.
We're encouraging animal advocates to support Fred Upton in tomorrow's primary election for Michigan's 6th Congressional District.
Fred Upton is one of Congress’ best friends on animal protection issues. Among his efforts, he has:
- Co-sponsored a bill to ban trafficking in obscene animal “crush” videos.
- Co-sponsored a bill to establish penalties for knowingly attending an animal fight, with felony penalties for taking a minor.
- Co-sponsored a bill to protect dogs and crack down on large-scale puppy mill abuses.
- Voted to protect wildlife, such as sea otters, marine turtles, primates as pets, wild horses, cranes, and big cats.
- Co-sponsored a bill to require labeling of fur-trimmed garments so consumers are not deceived by false advertising.
- Voted to pair disabled veterans with service dogs as a form of therapy, including for post-traumatic stress disorder.
Click here for a link to view this message online that you can share with your friends and family, and please urge them to vote for Fred Upton in tomorrow's primary election.
Thanks for all you do for animals.
Humane Society Legislative Fund
P.S. Please note that, due to redistricting, Michigan's 6th Congressional District is a new one. We've made every effort to send this message only to residents of the new district. Please accept our apology if this message has reached you in error.
|Paid for by Humane Society Legislative Fund and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. HSLF, 2100 L Street NW, Suite 310, Washington, D.C., 20037
Share on Facebook