Jim Moran for Congress
Next Tuesday, June 12, is Virginia's congressional primary election, and advocates of animal protection need to know who is standing up for their interests. The Humane Society Legislative Fund is the non-partisan political arm of the humane movement, and we want you to know that Jim Moran is a friend of animal protection.
We're encouraging animal advocates to support Jim Moran in Tuesday's primary election for Virginia's 8th Congressional District.
Jim Moran is the co-chair of the Congressional Animal Protection Caucus, and has one of the strongest records of protecting animals in the nation. Among his efforts, he has:
- Sponsored the Truth in Fur Labeling Act, which requires labeling of fur-trimmed garments so consumers are not deceived by false advertising. (P.L. 111-313)
- Co-sponsored a bill to ban barren battery cages, creating a national animal welfare standard for 280 million egg-laying hens. (H.R. 3798)
- Co-sponsored a bill to establish penalties for knowingly attending an animal fight, with felony penalties for taking a minor. (H.R. 2492)
- Co-sponsored a bill to ban trafficking in obscene animal "crush" videos. (P.L. 111-294)
- Co-sponsored a bill to protect dogs and crack down on large-scale puppy mill abuses. (H.R. 835)
Click here for a link to view this message online that you can share with your friends and family, and please urge them to vote for Jim Moran in Tuesday's primary election.
Thanks for all you do for animals.
Humane Society Legislative Fund
P.S. Please note that, due to redistricting, Virginia's 8th Congressional District was recently redrawn. We've made every effort to send this message only to residents of the new district. Please accept our apology if this message has reached you in error.
|Paid for by Humane Society Legislative Fund and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. HSLF, 2100 L Street NW, Suite 310, Washington, D.C., 20037
Share on Facebook